1.The Regulation was put in effect by the Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Zin-Tzu No. 0920080550 on September 15, 2003.
2.The Regulation was amended and promulgated by Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Yi-Tzu No. 0960900601 on March 15, 2007.
3.The Regulation was amended and promulgated by Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Yi-Tzu No. 1000939557 on March 28, 2011.
4.The name of Regulation was amended to “Operational Regulations Governing Speedy Immigration Inspection and Clearance of Foreign Business people and Frequent Visitor” and promulgated by Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Yi-Tzu No. 1020955571 on May 10, 2013.
5. The title of Regulation was amended to “Operational regulations governing expedited immigration inspection and clearance of foreign business travelers and foreign frequent visitors” and promulgated by Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Yi-Tzu No. 1030954356 on November 6, 2014 and set to be effective on the same date.
6. The Regulation was amended and promulgated by Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Yi-Tzu No. 10409532902 on July 9, 2015.
1. These Regulations have been enacted to facilitate the expedited immigration clearance of foreign business travelers and foreign frequent visitors as they enter/ exit the State at international airports.
2. Terms used in this regulations:
(1) Foreign business traveler: Foreigners who meet one of the following requirements:
a. Have invested over NT$ 50 million in the State;
b. Have been the executives or the managers of businesses in Taiwan with capital from overseas Chinese or foreigners or of the multinationals who are posted in the State;
c. Have been employed by local businesses as executives or managers;
d. Have made contributions to the economy of the State.
(2) The definition of frequent visitor to Taiwan: For foreigners, Hong Kong or Macau residents, people from mainland China area posted in Taiwan as service employees who have visited the State at least 3 times in the past 12 months.
(3) People from mainland China area posted as service employees in Taiwan refers to those service employees set forth in paragraph 1 of Article 35 of the Regulations governing the permissions of people from mainland China area entering Taiwan, and subparagraph 7 “posted service employees”, paragraph 2 “professional exchange”, of the table I under Article 21 of the same Regulations.
3. Foreign business traveler who has been recommended by the Chamber of Commerce registered in Taiwan and approved by the Ministry of Economic Affairs with the approved name list published on the website (www.immigration.gov.tw) by the Ministry of the Interior may enjoy the expedited clearance via the designated inspection counter entering or exiting the State. The Foreign business traveler set forth in Subparagraph 4, Paragraph 1, of the Article 2 of this regulations are not recommended by the chamber of commerce of the foreign countries may apply directly to the Ministry of Economic Affairs for recommendation. The spouse and the linear blood relatives accompanied by the foreign business traveler may enjoy the expedited inspection and clearance.
4. The register containing the data of foreign business traveler who have been examined and given approval or have been recommended by the Ministry of Economic Affairs shall be sent to the National Immigration Agency though the Internet. It is then sent online to airports by the National Immigration Agency to be referred to during inspections and it is also entered onto the website (www.immigration.gov.tw) to be downloaded by applicants who shall submit their passports and the downloaded data for immigration inspection and clearance. The preceding register shall contain English names, dates of birth, sexes, nationalities, ID numbers, passport numbers and dates of expiry
5. Foreign frequent traveler can apply to National Immigration Agency via the internet for approval. After approved, foreign frequent traveler may speedily clear immigration inspection to enter/exit the State at designated inspection counters.
6. The duration of validity for the approved speedy immigration inspection and clearance of foreign business traveler shall be one year from the day of approval. For foreign business traveler who acquires R.O.C residence status, the duration of validity for speedy immigration inspection is same as their Alien Residence Certificate.
The duration of validity for the approved speedy immigration inspection and clearance of foreign frequent visitor shall be one year from the day of approval.
An expired approval of speedy immigration inspection and clearance shall not be extended. Instead, a recommendation or application shall be proposed anew for a new examination and approval.
In case foreign business traveler or foreign frequent visitor violates the law of the State or the occurrence of other events leads to the unsuitability of their speedy immigration inspection and clearance, the related competent authorities or National Immigration Agency shall revoke the approvals of their speedy immigration inspection and clearance.
7. The National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior shall designate special counters to process the speedy immigration inspection and clearance provided for in these Regulations