1.The Regulation was put in effect by the Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Zin-Tzu No. 0920080550 on September 15, 2003.
2.The Regulation was amended and promulgated by Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Yi-Tzu No. 0960900601 on March 15, 2007.
3.The Regulation was amended and promulgated by Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Yi-Tzu No. 1000939557 on March 28, 2011.
4.The name of Regulation was amended to “Operational Regulations Governing Speedy Immigration Inspection and Clearance of Foreign Businesspeople and Frequent Vistior”and promulgated by Decree of Ministry of the Interior Tai-Nei-Yi-Tzu No. 1020955571 on May 10, 2013.
1. These Regulations have been enacted to facilitate the speedy immigration clearance of foreign businesspeople and frequent visitor as they enter/ exit the State at international airports.
2. Foreign businesspeople may speedily clear immigration inspection to enter/exit the State at designated inspection counters if they have been recommended by the local commercial chambers of which they are members, if the Ministry of Economic Affairs has examined and approved such recommendations, if the Ministry of the Interior has entered the list of names of the approved onto the website of the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior, and if they:
(1) Have invested over NT$ 50 million in the State;
(2) Have been the executives or the managers of businesses in the State with capital from overseas Chinese or foreigners or of the multinationals who are posted in the State;
(3) Have been employed by local businesses as executives or managers;or
(4) Have made contributions to the economy of the State.
The foreign businesspeople set forth in the fourth subparagraph of the preceding paragraph may apply directly to the Ministry of Economic Affairs for recommendations, provided that they have not been recommended by local commercial chambers.
Foreign businesspeople’s spouse and relatives who travel with them can also clear immigration inspection at designated inspection counter.
3. The register containing the data of foreign businesspeople who have been examined and given approval or have been recommended by the Ministry of Economic Affairs shall be sent to the National Immigration Agency. It is then sent online to airports by the National Immigration Agency to be referred to during inspections and it is also entered onto the website to be downloaded by applicants who shall submit their passports and the downloaded data for immigration inspection and clearance.
The preceding register shall contain English names, dates of birth, sexes, nationalities, ID numbers, passport numbers and dates of expiry.
4. Foreign frequent visitor who in the past 12 months visits the State at least 3 times can apply to National Immigration Agency via the internet for approval. After approved, foreign frequent visitor may speedily clear immigration inspection to enter/exit the State at designated inspection counters
5. The duration of validity for the approved speedy immigration inspection and clearance of foreign businesspeople and frequent visitor shall be one year from the day of approval. For foreign businesspeople who acquire R.O.C residence status, the duration of validity for speedy immigration inspection is same as their Alien Residence Certificate.
The duration of validity for the approved speedy immigration inspection and clearance of foreign frequent visitor shall be one year from the day of approval.
An expired approval of speedy immigration inspection and clearance shall not be extended. Instead, a recommendation or application shall be proposed anew for a new examination and approval.
In case foreign businesspeople or frequent visitor violate the law of the State or the occurrence of other events leads to the unsuitability of their speedy immigration inspection and clearance, the related competent authorities or National Immigration Agency shall revoke the approvals of their speedy immigration inspection and clearance.
6. The National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior shall designate special counters to process the speedy immigration inspection and clearance provided for in these Regulations.