Article 1 This Statute is duly enacted in accordance with Article 8~2 of the
Ministry of the Interior Organizational Statute and Paragraph 2 of
Article 2 of the Enforcement Statute for Substitute Services.
Article 2 The Conscription Affairs Administration, Ministry of the Interior
(hereinafter referred to as the Administration) shall take charge
of conscription and substitute services related administrative
affairs as instructed by the Minister of the Interior.
Article 3 The Administration shall, specifically, take charge of the following
1. Draw up conscription policies, systems, draw up or enact, review,
edit and publicize conscription related laws.
2. Take overall charge of sources of armed forces.
3. Enlist draftees into conscription and substitute services and
control their entry into and exit out of the country.
4. Select Substitute Services draftees and take charge the
5. Judge and recheck draftees’ physical degrees.
6. Take charge of conscription affairs of draftees-to-be from
Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao as well as returning Overseas Chinese
7. Map out the education and training programs, curricula for
draftees-to-be, select cadres and rate the training performance.
8. Take charge of the education and training programs for the
9. Take care of conscription draftees, substitute services draftees
and their dependents’ interests.
10. Take care of insurance and relief for Substitute Services draftees.
11. Take charge of the conscription files and duties of the Substitute
12. Take charge of the organizations and calls of the Substitute
Services draftees after their completion of the substitute services.
13. Take charge of the Substitute Services draftees’ awards, penalty
and administrative relief.
14. Oversee and audit enlistment of conscription and substitute services
15. Investigate into cases against conscription services.
16. Map out conscription information systems and carry out information
operation and R&D.
17. Produce and allocate food and salaries to Substitute Services
18. Report and settle major incidents running into Substitute Services
19. Take charge of other conscription affairs concerned.
Article 4 The Administration operates through Sections of Enlistment, Screening
& Training, Management, Rights & Interests and Drafting to take charge
respectively of the aforementioned functions which may set various
sections to operate respectively.
Article 5 The Administration operates through also the Secretariate to take charge
of research & rating, documentation, general affairs, Public Relations
and matters not belonging to other sections and offices.
Article 6 The Administration has one director-general in Grade 13, select rank,
to take charge of overall affairs and to oversee and superintend all
personnel, and has two deputy-directors-general in Grade 12, select
rank, to assist the Administration affairs.
Article 7 The Administration has 1 secretary-general, 5 section chiefs, all in
Grade 11, select rank; 5 specialist committeemen ranging from Grade 9
to 10, recommend rank; 26 section members in Grade 9, recommend rank;
6 secretaries, 29~35 supervisors, 1 professional engineer, in Grades 8~9,
recommend rank including 2 secretaries, 2 supervisors in Grade 10, select
rank; 8~10 editors in Grade 7~9, recommend rank; 6~8 specialists in Grades
7~8, recommend rank; 23~31 section staff members, 1 professional engineer
in Grade 5, delegate rank or Grades 6~7, recommend rank; 1~3 clerks in
Grades 3~5, delegate rank; 2 Administration clerks in Grades 1~3, delegate
Article 8 The Administration has the Human Resources Department with one director
in Grade 9, recommend rank to take charge of human resources related
affairs. Other staff members shall be provided within the quota under
Article 9 The Administration has the Accounting Department with one director in
Grade 9, recommend rank to take charge of annual revenues, accounting
and statistics affairs, Other staff members shall be provided within
the quota under the Statute.
Article 10 The Administration has the Anti-corruption Department with one director
in Grade 9, recommend rank to take charge of anti-corruption affairs,
Other staff members shall be provided within the quota under the Statute.
Article 11 The personnel of the grades and ranks set forth in Articles 7~10 shall be
in the occupational systems and shall be duly selected for the respective
systems on the grounds of Article 8 of Government Functionary Employment
Article 12 The Administration may has various Committees which shall be duly
staffed under the quota set forth in this Statute either exclusively or
Article 13 The Operational Rules of the Administration shall be drawn up by the
Administration and approved by the Ministry of the Interior.
Article 14 This Statute comes into enforcement on the date of promulgation.