1. In the purpose of promoting the spreading and resource sharing of computerized surveying and mapping data, the following outlines are thereby prepared by National Land Surveying and Mapping Center, Ministry of the Interior ("the NLSC").
2. The application, provision, utilization, browsing and related affairs for computerized surveying and mapping data from the NLSC shall comply with regulations in these outlines; items which are not regulated in these outlines shall comply with other applicable laws and regulations.
3. Please see Appendix 1 for types of computerized surveying and mapping result discussed herein.
4. The items available of the computerized surveying and mapping data are shown in Appendix 2.
Metadatas shall be provided along with data files being presented.
5. The object and applying method for computerized surveying and mapping data shall comply with regulations in Appendix 3.
All necessary application forms of previous appendix are shown in appendix 4 to appendix 9; the control agreement form is shown in appendix 10; the online application procedure is shown in appendix 11.
6. In provision of soft copies, methods of network transmission or storage media shall be selected based on the amount of data being requested.
The applicant shall choose to collect at service desk or receive via mails for said storage media and applied image files.
When giving the confidential computerized surveying and mapping data, the confidential data must be encrypted, marked with confidential classification and assigned numbers, and is only limited to deliver at counter by media files. When said item is being collected, documents proving that the NLSC has agreed with the provision and ID certificate of the keeper shall be verified.
7. The applicant shall be notified for rectification within 15 days from the receipt of said notification if any of the following conditions is found:
(1) The applicant fails to comply with regulations in Term 7.
(2) The application documents fail to comply with procedure, deficient in content, or fail to be intact.
(3) Required fee is not paid.
8. In the process of application for computerized surveying and mapping data discussed herein, rejection can be made within 30 days from the receipt of application; said period can be extended if necessary, whereas the extension period shall not exceed 15 days.
Rejection can be made if any of the following conditions is found in said application:
(1) Item applied for provision does not comply with regulations in Term 4.
(2) The purpose of application does not comply with relevant laws.
(3) Rectification is not made or insufficiently made within the required period.
The application for using the confidential surveying and mapping outcome data must receive approval from the approved unit of the original confidential level.
9. The charge required for the provision of computerized surveying and mapping data discussed herein shall comply with the Fee-charging Standards of the NLSC.
Accepted methods of payment include: payment at service desk, online payment via telecom internet, collection by financial institutions, etc.
10. The applicant shall utilize said data as per stated in the purpose of application; no utilization in purposes other than stated in application is allowed.
The applicant is not allowed to reproduce said data or hand it over for use by other persons for his/her own purpose, or reproduce or hand it over for use by other persons in the name of supplement or modification for said data, without written approval from the NLSC.
The applicant must clearly state the authorization of data processing in the remark field and get the data back once the task has been completed. The authorized person is not allowed to keep the data.
The applicant must designate a person to take care of the confidential surveying and mapping data. All custodians shall be included in the handover record. The data should be devolved and should not be duplicated or transferred. Without obtaining the approval from the approved unit of the original confidential level, the data can’t be carried or delivered overseas.
The applicant should take both civil and criminal responsibilities if the use of data is involved in copyright or national security that is prohibited by law.
The applicant must address doubts with receipt within 7 days after receiving data. The NLSC will investigate and deal with the doubts, and will not accept any late doubt.