Article 1 These operational directions are prescribed for enhancing the service for citizens and facilitating the application for issuing Household Registration English Transcript.
Article 2 The types of Household Registration English Transcript are as follows:
1. A Household Registration English Transcript of entire (partial) household of current household: It refers to the registered household record for entire (partial) population for the current household.
2. A Household Registration Cancellation Transcript of entire (partial) household: it refers to initial household registration made in 1946, one has registered household in the administrative area, due to the entire household members move-out, the deceased head of household, a change in a head of household, or conversion of the entire (partial) household registration information by the household registration office according to the regulations.
Article 3 The qualifications and documents required for application:
1. Application qualifications:
(1) The party concerned (the minors may file the application by their
legal representatives) or the head of the household.
(2) The spouse of the party concerned and his/her lineal relative by blood.
(3) The Legal Proxy.
2. Required proving documents:
(1) The concerned party and his/her relatives’ (such as spouse, parents, adoptive parents, children and head of household) passports of the Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as the ROC) or other documents recording the English name (the basic information page of the passport and related document shall keep a photocopy) and the original copy of applicant’s identification document, seal (or signature) and application fee. In case the applicant is a person entrusted by the party concerned, a Letter of Proxy shall be enclosed. In case the Letter of Proxy is made in foreign country, it shall be certified by the ROC embassies, representative offices or administrative offices. Documents produced in mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau shall be certified by the institution established or designated by the Executive Yuan or private organization authorized by the Executive Yuan. Documents produced by foreign embassies, consulates or authorized institutions in R.O.C. shall be verified by MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
(2) The documents recording the English name referred in the preceding paragraph are as follows:
A. The English identification document or formal document issued by Government of ROC.
B. The English identification document or formal document issued by government of foreign countries.
C. The birth certificate recording the English name issued by hospitals in ROC or foreign countries.
D. The graduation certificate recording the English name and issued by the public or private universities
E. The certificate recording the English name issued by the group or community of overseas national which is registered by the government authority.
(3). If the applicant is unable to submit the passport of ROC or other documents recording the English name, the applicant may follow the Guidelines of Using Chinese Phonetic Spelling and fill in the application form (Shown as annex 1) by himself/herself.
(4). The “identification document” specified in the first paragraph refers to the National Identification Card, the Alien Resident Certificate, the Resident Certificate for the Taiwan Area, the R.O.C. Resident Certificate, the R.O.C. passport or other proof of identity.
Article 4 Notes for recording the Household Registration English Transcript are as follows:
1. The transliteration of name:
(1) The format of English name shall match that on the passport. All letters are capital. The surname name shall be followed by the first name with a comma inserted. A hyphen may be added between two first names. If the citizen has an alias name, it shall be noted in the parentheses after the English name.
(2) The English name translated pursuant to the Guidelines of Using Chinese Phonetic Spelling shall spell the pronunciation of each Chinese character. The same principle shall be applied to the spell of the compound surname or when a woman wants to add her husband’s surname.
(3) For the aborigine who has reverted to his traditional name, his English name shall spell the pronunciation of full name directly without following the sequence abovementioned.
2. The transliteration of birth place:
(1) The translation shall be based on the proving document submitted by the applicant.
(2) If the applicant does not submit the proving document, the birth place shall be the information displayed in the Household Registration Information System.
(3) If the system has no corresponding record, the personnel may refer to the Online Translation System of Place Names on the website of Department of Land Administration, Ministry of the Interior (http://www.land.moi.gov.tw) and fill in the Annex 1. The record methods are as follows:
A. Born in Taiwan area and in mainland China area: The province, municipality, or special Administrative Region of the birth place shall be recorded. Those born in Kinmen and Lienchiang county of Fujian Province, shall record the province, county of birth and ROC country name abbreviation in Notes column, but don’t record the word of “province” English translation.
B. Born in foreign country: The country name of the birth place shall be recorded.
3. The English translation of the personal notes will only translate the identification related notes principally. If the applicant submit the request for translation other notes, the abstract of the notes may be provided.
4. The English translation will only translate the last migration information for migration status of the entire household.
5. The English translation of date shall be in the format of month/day/year (A.D.) wherein the month may have abbreviation and the others shall be filled in with numeric.
6. The system will show the Chinese/English information of the administrative area. The household registration personnel shall enter the name of the street, road and the number manually and the information source shall be pursuant to the regulations of each municipal and county (city) governments.
7. Administrative area and address: The English translation shall follow the sequence: Room, Floor (F), Number (No.), Building, Sub-alley, Alley, Lane, Section (Sec.), Street (St.), Road (Rd.), Neighborhood, Village, District, Township, City, County. About province, it just records the province name but exclude the word of “province”.
Article 5 The citizen may file the application of Household Registration English Transcript to any household registration office. The application shall be issued within 6 working days.
Article 6 The application form for Household Registration English Transcript and the format of the Household Registration English Transcript are shown as Annex 2.
Article 7 The notes for issuing the Household Registration English Transcript shall be prescribed by the Ministry of the Interior.
Article 8 The computer operation procedures for issuing the Household Registration English Transcript shall refer to User’s Manual and Operation Manual of the Household Registration Information system.
Article 9 The Household Registration English Transcript shall affix the seals (Formats are shown as Annex 3).
Article 10 Application fee pursuant to charging standard of household registration administration is required for issuing the Household Registration English Transcript.