1. The Review Criteria is enacted in accordance with Article 88 of the Immigration Act (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”) to review the application of residency for nationals without household registration in Taiwan area(hereinafter referred to as “nationals without household registration”) , as stated in Subparagraph 8 of Paragraph 1, Article 9 of the Act.
2. The term "special contribution to the State," as stated in Subparagraph 8 of Paragraph 1, Article 9 of the Act, refers to one of the following conditions:
(1) Has been awarded by a governmental entity above the ministerial level.
(2) Has been awarded by an international organization or ranked in the top five of a well-known international competition, which could benefit and enhance the competitive strength of the relevant technology and talent grooming in the State.
(3) Has contributed remarkably in the fields of democracy, human rights, religion, education, culture, arts, economy, finance, medicine, legal, sports or other areas to the State.
(4) Has promoted international image of the State beneficially.
(5) Has made long-term dedications to the state with notable effect.
(6) Has made other outstanding merits to the State.
3. The term " senior professional personnel needed in the State," as stated in Subparagraph 8 of Paragraph 1, Article 9 of the Act, refers to one of the following:
(1) Possesses the unique and rare talent in special technology or the research and development of a scientific and technological institution or in managerial work, or have made outstanding achievements.
(2) Has special achievements in science, research, industry, commerce or education and the possessed expertise could be utilized essentially to benefit the economy, industry, education or welfare of the State, and currently is employed for the expertise and reside in the State.
(3) A current or former chair professor, professor, associate professor, or assistant professor in a foreign university or a former researcher, associate researcher or assistant researcher in a foreign research institution and is currently employed by an educational, academic or research institution in the State; has a doctoral degree, currently engaged in an educational, academic or research institution in the State, and received an international academic award or had an important professional publication or had engaged in a research in a foreign research institution for more than three years, a scientific and technological research and development in a scientific and technological institution or a managerial work, and currently is employed by an educational, academic or research institution in the State.
(4) Has made outstanding achievement in industrial technology which has been recognized and accredited internationally, and such achievement is beneficial to optimize the industrial technology of the State.
(5) Has ranked in the top five in the Olympic Games or World Cup, in the top three in an Inter-continental game, being a former coach for a national team, and through his/her training, the athlete in the team has ranked in the top eight in the Olympic Games or World Cup, the top five in an Inter-Continental Games, or has other outstanding performance in the special tournaments which could benefit and enhance the competitive strength of our State’s athletes.
(6) Has been invited or selected to participate in internationally renowned cultural and art competitions and achieved outstanding performance, or has been invited to participate in internationally renowned performances, exhibitions, related cultural events or festivals and received favorable comments.
(7) With legal profession, the applicant has been or has worked in a domestic and foreign well-known legal firm or business institution for many years and has outstanding performances, won important domestic or international awards related to the legal field, for research publication in the legal field domestically and internationally, or achieved excellent performance in international procedural law.
(8) Recommended by the other central competence authorities.
4.Regarding each immigration case, the Ministry of the Interior shall preferentially consult with the central competent authorities for the verification prior to convening a review committee, and all comments provided by the authorities are collected and submitted to the review committee for further review.